Monday, September 25, 2017

Showers for Baby

If you've noticed how quiet it's been here lately, that's because we've been busy preparing for our first baby!  It has been such a special time for us and we've been trying to be totally present, soaking up every minute of this pregnancy together as we prepare to welcome our daughter home in a few weeks.

In the meantime our family threw us the most special brunch-themed baby shower and I wanted to share few moments from what was a very special day! 

My parents lent their dining room to the party, decorated with handmade daisy garlands, linens, white balloons and tasty treats.  My mom organized a Liberty of London themed "Blocks for Baby" table, for each guest to decorate a wooden block (handmade by my dad) with special fabric and matching heart with their signature. My sister-in-law and best friend made the most gorgeous, Pinterest-worthy, berry cake, the cake of my dreams! All of the beautiful hand lettered signs and tags were generously done by my best friend Linda of LoveLin Letters .

My mother and mother-in-law, and both of my beautiful sister-in-laws made all of the food and beverages happen, including a "Momosa Bar" for the guests, my brother arriving with a case of champagne bubbly. They played music and games for us while we ate and chatted about baby stories and births.

 My niece and I had a blast making dainty daisy crowns the week before, to put at each seat with a wildflower seed packet, so that we could all wear flower crowns together for the party

It was the most perfect day and we were totally spoiled with love and gifts for the baby...how did we ever get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!